The school was started as Don Bosco Middle School in 1958 at the premises of the present Dominic Savio School, Santhome. On June 23rd 1959 the school was shifted to its present premises and was recognised as a Matriculation School affiliated to the University of Madras (vide letter No. A983 dated 19.03.1959). From 13th November 1978 it came, together with all the Matriculation Schools, under the jurisdiction of the Board of Matriculation Schools. From 1st July 1978 it was upgraded as a Higher Secondary School and recognition was granted by the Director of School Education in his proceedings D.Dis No.75466 W5/78 dt. 02.04.1979.
The school aims at developing the character and personality of each pupil, imparting sound education through wide training. It stands for the integral development of the student:
- To help develop the student’s spirit, mind and body, to bring out the best in the student by fostering a loving relationship with God, self and neighbour;
- To foster creativity and responsible use of one’s gifts and co-responsibility for a better world;
- Physical fitness through sports, games and healthy living;
As the school has groomed many illustrious past pupils, it is continuing to bring out the best in their students to be valuable citizens of our country.